Sometimes a part comes along that you just want to have. The CravenSpeed Hand Brake Handle is one of those. It won’t make you any faster; it won’t save any weight; you don’t NEED it. But once you pick one up, you will WANT it. Installation takes about 10 minutes using common hand tools. Installation is very easy:
- Set the parking brake, and use a pry tool to remove the end cap. (You can use a screw-driver but you risk scratching the cap. If you never plan to re-use it, go ahead, otherwise, get a pry tool.)
- Push in on the back of the brake boot to free the frame from the console, and then pull the boot over the handle to expose the zip-tie. Cut the zip-tie and remove the boot.
- Use a screw-driver to pry the tab and remove the old handle.
- Fit the new handle with the set-holes facing up. Insert and tighten the set-screws with the included 1/16 inch hex key.
- Put the boot back on and use the included zip-tie to attach it to the handle. Trim the excess of the zip-tie.
- Pull the boot back over the handle and set the frame back into the console. Set the front first, then pinch the back until it slides into place.
- Slip the three rubber grip rings into place.
- Sit back, grab a cold brew, and enjoy. You’re handy now!