Time to make room for more project cars, so the GeorgeCo 2006 MINICooper S is for sale. Below is a video from the last time we had it on the track in October 2019.
The opportunity: Here’s your chance to own a very well developed track car that is still street legal.
2006 MINI Cooper S (R53), Chili red with white slick-top (no sunroof), 6 speed manual transmission with factory limited slip differential. Features ABS, traction control (ASC), on-board computer, fog lights (front and rear), AM/FM/SiriusXM six speaker stereo with single slot CD, after-market bluetooth adapter, and aux audio input jack.
Modified for autocross/track: Has no AC, rear seats, or carpet. Louder than stock but not unpleasant — does not drone. Custom interior including black cloth Corbeau A4 heated seats with sub-slots; welded roll-hoop; and CravenSpeed adjustable short shifter, handbrake handle, and Gemini Scissor Phone Mount. Height-adjustable Bilstein coil-over suspension with Alta 22mm rear adjustable sway-bar and SPC front adjustable camber plates. Car is fast, fun, and very well balanced. With the rear swaybar in the middle setting, there is just a hint of lift-off throttle oversteer.
Currently has 101K miles. I’m the second owner, no accidents. CarFax available (CarFax incorrectly reports 122K miles). Maintenance is current and includes records back to 2011 including periodic oil analysis reports. Supercharger oil changed and water pump replaced in 2019. Brake fluid flush and coolant flush annually in prep for track season. Has all of the paint chips you would expect after 8 years of heavy track use. Clear-coat failed on roof and back hatch. Hatch was re-sprayed. Roof was covered in peelable flat white paint. Front windshield was replaced a couple of years ago due to excessive pitting.
Price: Over $20K invested, asking $9,000 for everything including extras listed below. ($7,500 without extras.) Please no low-ball offers. Located in Mt. Airy, MD.
- CravenSpeed 15% SC Reduction Pulley (tensioner and belt new in 2019)
- Custom tuned by Behe Performance for 93 octane pump gas and still passes MD smog inspection, valid through Oct 2021
- MSD High Performance Coilpack & 8.5mm Plug Wires
- Brisk Racing Plugs, one-step colder than stock
- Custom Cold Air Intake with AEM dry filter
- Custom Hood Scoop/Diverter
- Alta Performance light-weight crank pulley
- Scorpion Cat-back Exhaust
- Wilwood DPR4 piston racing front calipers with Spec37 12.19 inch two-piece rotors
- Wilwood PBC rear calipers with 11.75 inch two-piece rotors (with working parking brake)
- Stainless steel breaded brake lines front and rear
- Front brake cooling ducts and hoses (photos show plugs in holes for winter)
- RBF 600 fluid
- Bilstein B14 PSS height-adjustable coil-over suspension
- Alta Performance 22mm rear adjustable sway-bar
- Alta Performance adjustable end-links
- SPC Adjustable front camber plates
- Powerflex rear strut tower bushings
- Madness Motorworks control arm bushings
- Hotchkis Sport adjustable rear camber arms
- Corner-balanced and cross-weighted
- Corbeau A4 heated cloth seats with sub-slots (new in November 2019)
- Sneed4Speed welded roll-hoop
- Rennline pedals
- Rear seat delete
- CravenSpeed adjustable short shifter and knob with shift-well cover
- Autometer Ultra Lite Vacuum/Boost and Oil Pressure gauges
- Euro parcel shelf
- Cubby glovebox organizer
- Aux port with Bluetooth adapter
- CravenSpeed Gemini Scissor Phone Mount
- Anchor points for 6-point harnesses
- Custom aluminum floor mats
- Note: Seat and side airbags have been removed.
Wheels & Tires
- MINI S-lite 17 inch wheels with Continental DWS all-season performance tires (new October 2019)
- H&R Wheel Studs with Turner Motorsport black zinc coated nuts
- MINI GP2 underbody panels
- Alpha C Spoiler Extension
- Sharkfin Antenna
- Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels, bronze color, 17 x 7.5 inches, ET 38 (shown in the photo at the track at the top of the post.)
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires with 50% tread, size 215/45ZR17
- Clutch and flywheel
- Semi-solid upper/lower motor mounts
- NRG steering wheel adapter hub and modified MINI clock-spring for Sparco or Momo style steering wheel
- New brake pads front and rear
- New front rotors
- Six-point harnesses valid until June 2021
- Stock airbox with K&N filter
- Rubber floor mats
- Driving lights to replace fog lights