The weather gods finally took pity on us in Maryland and gave us a seasonably warm weekend. With about two months of work to catch up on, I tried to spend as much time outside as I could. I managed to install a new steering wheel in the Stealth BMW. Install is fairly straight-forward:
- Disconnect battery
- Gently pry out Roundel to get to the nut
- Using your handy-dandy anti-theft wheel lock, for leverage, remove the nut and washer
- Turn your key to position 1 to release the lock
- Remove old steering wheel
- Installation is the reverse of removal
In this instance, installation consisted of a BMW hub adapter, 15mm extension ring, and competition wheel. It is quite a bit smaller than the standard BMW wheel and fairly thick.